Since the recent change of my “business” name (I use the term loosely), I’ve been trying to come up with an appropriate logo. Finally having come to the realization that I am Adobe Illustrator and PhotoShop challenged, I decided to go with what I know. Off to the studio and with fabrics flying, I had one in a day as opposed to weeks of mucking about with a cranky computer. I have a camera, I have a scanner – I knew I could do this 🙂
Logo design is tricky, it has to look interesting in several different sizes from a tiny avatar
to booth banner size. OK, the origonal is only 11″ x 8-1/2″ but I can elaborate on the design if a banner size is needed – someday. Created with hand dyed and hand painted cottons, silks and sheers, the designed was fused and machine quilted. The lettering was added with Adobe Illustrator (I figured that much out 😉 ) and a fused glass cabachon by Jack (DH) was added to give the setting sun a little more umph. I’m pleased with the results and hope I achieved the airy, sea spray “feel” I was going for.
Once I finally had the logo done I could concentrate on my new Etsy Shop. I’ve gotten all the admin. stuff done and actually posted my first item today; a hand dyed silk/wool blend DK weight yarn in purple!
Now to label, photograph and post the rest of the items – whew!